Thursday, December 31

Thursday Dose of Cute: Cheers to You on New Year's!


Drink Up!

Thank you all so much for another fabulous online year. This whole blogging thing continues to amaze and surprise and delight me. I just love it—and I love how many wonderful people I've 'met' from all over the world. Here's hoping to find even more time to share photos, stories, and recipes from my crazy country life with you next year!

Anything you'd like to see more (or less) of in the coming year? Do speak up! I'm constantly fine tuning what I post according to your feedback and am always open to ideas and suggestions.

Fine feathered friend fan? Flap over and end your year here:
2/14/06:
5pm and Looking for Love
7/21/06:
And Sheeeeeeee's SAFE!

6/1/07:
Whitey Gets Her Wish
6/5/07:
I'm Just Wai-tin' On A Friend
6/17/07:
Whitey and her Baby Chicks
6/19/07:
Caution—Foodie Forming
8/2/07:
Curious Chickie
8/3/07:
Baby's First Perch
8/4/07:
Baby's First Dust Bath
8/5/07:
Mother As Landing Pad
8/9/07:
Cock-a-doodle-doo!
8/26/07:
Capturing a Quiet Moment
11/22/07:
Enjoying A Feast

1/26/08:
Faithful Chicken Guard?
3/6/08:
Do Chickens Ever Smile?
4/5/08:
Chicken Dance
4/9/08:
Rooster Two-Step
4/20/08:
2008 Chick Days Are Here!
4/22/08:
Who Needs Ducks?
4/24/08:
Country Classifieds
5/6/08:
Baby Cary Checks Out the Chickens
6/3/08:
Chicken Snacks (Not a Recipe)
10/2/08:
Gossip Central
10/11/08:
Farm Fresh Eggs, They're What's For Breakfast

1/28/09:
Snowed In! (scroll down for chickens)
2/11/09: Evie and Esmeralda Learn to Count
3/7/09:
Cluck! Cluck! Cluck!
4/13/09:
Chick Days Are Here Again!
6/12/09:
Last One Born's a Rotten Egg!
6/14/09:
Another Chick Pic
6/15/09:
Pizza Party
8/23/09: Morning Peace
10/25/09:
Egg Layers, the Next Generation
12/3/09: Look Up, Look Down

1/1/10: Little Guy with a Big Feathery Future
1/6/10: Easiest Guard Job Ever
1/18/10: Somebody's Laying Green Eggs
2/21/10: Two's Company
3/18/10: Chick Days Again?
4/5/10: Peep! Peep! Peep!
5/30/10: You Awake?
6/11/10: Just Hatchin' Out
6/15/10: Hangin' Out
6/23/10: Wordless Wednesday Dose of Cat and Chicken Cute
7/1/10: First Corn of the Season!
8/14/10: A Cheeky Chick
9/15/10: Um, Excuse Me

© Copyright 2009 FarmgirlFare.com, the no drinking and flying (and probably going to—yet again—fall asleep before midnight) foodie farm blog where in order to drink, chickens have to lean over and take in water through their beaks, then lift their heads and glug glug glug it down, then lean back over, lift and glug, lean back over, lift and glug. . . They're always amusing to watch, especially the baby chicks.

19 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and the cluckers - still get amused by my little group of hens - cooking some black eyed peas for their treat today - supposed to be good for them. I have been a fan of your blog for a long while - I enjoy the way you surprise us with glimpses of a life few people live nowadays. Do hope you get to move into new house/bakery this year and our sweet Carrie has a healthy lamb this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either you have a heated coop or this photo was taken some time ago. One bummer about winter is how the chicken waterer freezes into a useless chunk of metal when it gets cold, so I have to switch to a black rubber tub that can be thrown on the ground and stomped on to get the solid ice out of it every day and fill it with fresh, unfrozen water.

    Although the stomping can be kind of fun sometimes.

    Happy new year to you, too. No suggestions from me. I think you're doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! I just wanted to let you know that I truly enjoy all the photos you post. :) Keep it up in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dave dagumina@yahoo.com1/01/2010 9:28 AM

    Susan,

    What a fantastic website and LIFE you lead! I have been a "Fan" of yours for at least 3 years!

    It is so awesome to see heartwarming pictures of all of your furry and feathered friends...it reminds me of my childhood on the Family Farm in Upstate NY!

    Thank you for continuing to inspire and delight all of us....keep the daily pictures coming!

    Dave in Nashville, TN

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy new year to you and your critters (although they could probably care less).

    i would like to see more garden, more cats and more chickens. since you asked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! I log on to see the animals!! I now feel attached to all of them through your blog! but, my husband now logs on to read your recipes. So, you have something for everyone in this house! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to with you all a very happy new year. And thanks for being a part of my daily life.

    gramps

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susan! Happy New Year to you and a million "thank you's" for a wonderful blog. I'm not sure how long I've been reading it, but I love every single posting, photo, all the farm animals (of course now I want and need a donkey and sheep of my own!) cat, dog, and all your wonderful recipes!

    Thank you so much for sharing your amazing life with the rest of us and best wishes to all of you for a happy, healthy, peacful 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 2010! I've only recently discovered your blog. I find myself thinking about the wonderful photographs of your animals and your recipes. There is romance and contentment. I live in a small country town with my husband and daughter. Since moving here ten years ago, I've had small personal identity crises and although I adore our property and the small town life in many ways, I tend to get cabin fever and yearn for a shopping mall or city. Well, part of me does and part of me gets how completely inane all of that is. So, what I would like to read about is how you handle the contrast between your farming life and "the outside world" and all it's trappings. Your way of life takes commitment of spirit and discipline, so how do you achieve that for yourself. We have chickens and one bunny, approximately 100 million honey bees, and the desire to have some form of creature for wool in the future, but I need to get the dedicated spirit for it all before all that responsibility.

    God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Years Susan. I've enjoyed your blog the last year or a bit less. I found you when I googled how to do something kitchen or garden related...can't remember what.

    I most enjoy your cooking and gardening posts although I realize those are more time consuming to create. The animal pictures are a great (and easy?) fill-in. They also let us all feel like we know you and your life better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year. I check in every day to see what's new and to look at your photos. I love it all. Thanks for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute! Nothing like seeing your lovely chickens to start off a whole New Year -
    Wishing you a Joyful 2010 ( can you believe it?) and lots of love...

    kat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Susan Happy New Year!!!!
    Love the blog and check every day to see what´s new and who´s there.
    Have an indoor cat who thinks he rules the roost. Love your pictures and the stories. Any chance you might finish Windridge Farm series. Know how busy farm work is. Have a fabulous year and keep up the good work!!! Blessings Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year to you too! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE YOUR BLOG...WANT TO SEE MORE OF YOU AND MORE Come say hi's :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. My suggestion is to not change a thing! Happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I second what chook said! More chickens, cats and gardening. Perhaps add a direct link to In My Kitchen Garden from the homepage, or let us know when you have a new post over there? Thank you so much for brightening all of our days with your lovely farm life!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Farmgirl

    I am about ready to move from my postage stamp in the city to Cabool Mo. I have a mere 37 acres but to me it is a great improvement from city life. We hill be on a hill overlooking the city many miles away. My wife, from California, love your website. One question ... since you live way out in the country how do you get internet?

    thanks

    apliceng@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi apliceng,
    Congratulations on your upcoming move to the country!

    Our Internet service used to be via dial-up, but thankfully a few years ago we were able to switch to Wild Blue satellite. It's much faster than dial-up, but not anything like DSL or broadband or cable or whatever the high speed connections are called.

    Check with your phone company regarding high speed Internet options. I know some rural areas have it available in certain spots (I've seen ads for $14.95 a month, vs. the $50 a month we pay for satellite). A friend of mine is 8 miles from town and has it, though her neighbor across the road can't get it.

    ReplyDelete

December 2015 update: Hi! For some reason I can't figure out, Blogger hasn't been letting me leave comments on my own blog (!) for the last several months, so I've been unable to respond to your comments and questions. My apologies for any inconvenience! You're always welcome to email me: farmgirlfare AT gmail DOT com.

Hi! Thanks for visiting Farmgirl Fare and taking the time to write. While I'm not always able to reply to every comment, I receive and enjoy reading them all.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and I especially love hearing about your experiences with my recipes. Comments on older posts are always welcome!

Please note that I moderate comments, so if I'm away from the computer it may be a while before yours appears.

I try my best to answer all questions, though sometimes it takes me a few days. And sometimes, I'm sorry to say, they fall through the cracks, and for that I sincerely apologize.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope you enjoy your e-visits to our farm!