Thursday, August 2

Farm Photo: 8/2/07


Wall Inspection





Farmgirl Inspection

It's hard to believe that Whitey's not-so-little-anymore chicks will already be two months old on Saturday. It's been so much fun watching them grow up, especially since I've never had a mother hen raise a flock of chicks before.

I've been taking lots of photos, but I seem to have gotten a little behind sharing them (so what else is new?). I've been sorting through them all and figured I'd just randomly post some of my favorites, like these two, which were taken back on June 24th. This is the chick that started out pale yellow. They sure don't stay small and fluffy--or even the same color--for long. Feathers simply appear out of nowhere.

All seven chicks are doing just fine, but a lot of the photos aren't very good. Baby chickens do not like to stand still.

Just tuning in to Whitey Watch? Click
here, then scroll down to the bottom to begin back at the beginning.

© FarmgirlFare.com, the rapidly growing foodie farm blog where Farmgirl Susan shares photos & stories of her crazy country life on 240 remote Missouri acres.

6 comments:

  1. oh my goodness - i love your chicks and i love your blog! you are a fabulous writer, and i am just really enjoying the stories of your farm life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! I've been hoping we would see pictures of them soon. Thank you for the indulgence. I hope we can see more soon.

    I remember hatching chicks in my 7th grade science class. It seems funny to say it, but darn if chick(en)s aren't really cute!

    I was a lucky one who got to bring one home (only for a night until we gave it to a friend of the family to hang out on his "farm"). They really don't stand still!!

    Looking forward to some more - is the black one still all black?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to see the chicks and thanks for posting about them - too bad that the time when there is so much going on at farms - so much is happening! Guess that is why we have winters - to slow down the pace a tiny bit! We need to get guineas again around here - hate the mess but need those natural bugs killers! Thank you again - FG - you are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm....seems just like puppies, they have such big feet haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures and blog make my day...unless my grandchildren are visiting...I can not believe how much the chicks have grown. But, please how is Cary????Just a brief mention...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update! I'm so happy Whitey's adventure in motherhood paid off.

    ReplyDelete

December 2015 update: Hi! For some reason I can't figure out, Blogger hasn't been letting me leave comments on my own blog (!) for the last several months, so I've been unable to respond to your comments and questions. My apologies for any inconvenience! You're always welcome to email me: farmgirlfare AT gmail DOT com.

Hi! Thanks for visiting Farmgirl Fare and taking the time to write. While I'm not always able to reply to every comment, I receive and enjoy reading them all.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and I especially love hearing about your experiences with my recipes. Comments on older posts are always welcome!

Please note that I moderate comments, so if I'm away from the computer it may be a while before yours appears.

I try my best to answer all questions, though sometimes it takes me a few days. And sometimes, I'm sorry to say, they fall through the cracks, and for that I sincerely apologize.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope you enjoy your e-visits to our farm!