Monday, December 14

Monday Dose of Cute: Time to Punch In

















And Go to Work

Daisy is a Great Pyrenees livestock guardian. Her first loyalty is to her flock. Lucky Buddy Bear is an English/Australian Shepherd stock dog. His duties include everything from herding to babysitting to wool drying to breaking up barnyard brawls, and lambing season is by far his favorite time of year. He loves his sheep, but his first loyalty is to me (and Joe, when I'm not around). His heart, however, firmly belongs to Daisy. Fortunately she's pretty crazy about him, too.

Want to see more of what goes on out in this front field?
8/3/05: A Big Serving of Tranquility on the Menu
5/23/06: Oh, Green Grass!
12/13/06: Autumn Breakfast in the Front Field
5/15/07: All-You-Can-Eat Buffet

1/31/08: Breakfast Blend
8/9/08: Puppy Love
10/15/08: October Feast
12/9/08: Three's Company
12/31/08: Cheers!

6/5/09: Morning View
6/11/09: Breakfast Company
9/15/09: Follow the Flying Ears
11/19/09: Misty Morning Light
12/1/09: Tuesday Dose of Cute and Cold—December?

© Copyright 2009 FarmgirlFare.com, the carefully guarded foodie farm blog where Daisy works with Marta, an almost two-year-old Great Pyrenees mix who has lately been carrying home hunks of carcasses discarded by deer hunters that she discovers while patrolling the woods. There's nothing that helps while away the work hours like gnawing on an enormous bone—and there's nothing that makes a guard dog look more vicious than having her face and paws covered in blood.

10 comments:

  1. They are so cute..good workers too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. But clocking in infers that they clock out at some point. And they don't really ever clock out, do they? They deserve those decomposing deer bones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Having a little fun on the way to work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just thought I'd let you know that the add RSS feed to Google Reader doesn't seem to be working.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~GOOD MORNING! WHAT A WAY TO START YOUR DAY, THESE PICTURES BRINGS A SMILE TO MY FACE, THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS WITH US.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just the live action version of the old Warner Bros. cartoon, where Wile E. Coyote and the Sheepdog punch in for work. Wile E. spends his workday attempted to steal sheep, and the Sheepdog foils every attempt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have been reading your blog for a while, learning a lot as i too begin my farm adventure. we have a great pyrenes as well as a newfoundland, but we lived in the city when we got sophie our puppy pyrenees. our newfoundland can run free but sophie takes off.

    i am greatful for your journaling of your days at the farm- it is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought of you this weekend as we adopted our Pyrenees mix dog through the local rescue organization. Carson is out here in my half acre suburban back yard helping to "guard" the kids while I read blogs. Warm regards from chilly North Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol, looks like a rough day on the job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too funny! Lucky Buddy Bear clocks in the same way a couple of my own English Shepherds clock in. Some of us start the day with coffee; Opie and Nicky's best days start off with a roll in something stinky.

    Hello to Lucky Buddy Bear from his distant ES cousins...

    ReplyDelete

December 2015 update: Hi! For some reason I can't figure out, Blogger hasn't been letting me leave comments on my own blog (!) for the last several months, so I've been unable to respond to your comments and questions. My apologies for any inconvenience! You're always welcome to email me: farmgirlfare AT gmail DOT com.

Hi! Thanks for visiting Farmgirl Fare and taking the time to write. While I'm not always able to reply to every comment, I receive and enjoy reading them all.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and I especially love hearing about your experiences with my recipes. Comments on older posts are always welcome!

Please note that I moderate comments, so if I'm away from the computer it may be a while before yours appears.

I try my best to answer all questions, though sometimes it takes me a few days. And sometimes, I'm sorry to say, they fall through the cracks, and for that I sincerely apologize.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope you enjoy your e-visits to our farm!