Tuesday, March 31

Monday Farm Photo: Flash of Butterfly Brilliance


I Love That Splash of Red

Want to catch more flutterbys? No net required!
4/10/06:
Look What Landed At My Feet
5/11/06:
Butterfly Conference
5/11/06: My Good Deed For The Day
6/22/06:
Farms Depend On Pollinators
6/23/06:
You Can't Have Too Many Pollinators Around
6/24/06: Butterflies & Sheep & I Love Spiderwort
6/28/06:
Butterfly Paradise
6/29/06:
Obsessed With Bunnies & Butterflies
7/08/06:
The Stuff Of Life
7/16/06:
Butterfly Bonanza
8/26/06: Butterfly Photos Are Better Than Nothing
8/14/07: Joint Pollination Task Force
9/11/07: Welcoming Autumn with Open Arms
9/27/07: The Squash Blossom Butterfly
1/1/08: Fortunately All Flowers Look Perfect to Pollinators
5/8/08: Luna Moth Love (and an amazing butterfly book)
7/8/08: Winged Spectacular

© Copyright 2009 FarmgirlFare.com, the fly by (or should that be flying by? As in, How did I just go a whole week without blogging?) foodie farm blog where we're joyfully winging our way through early spring with butterflies and bats and hawks—but thankfully no annoying insects yet (and only a couple of ticks).

8 comments:

  1. Pretty! Our Painted Ladies and Western Tiger Swallowtails are starting to flit around now too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a beautiful butterfly! I've never seen one like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So ticks don't count as annoying? Beautiful flutter bye there - and yes we missed you - figuring soon for the lambing right? Recent descent into wintry misery hit you too? I'm ready for my part of the globe to be a bit warmer - thankeweverymuch

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. you have some amazing butterflies on your farm! they're beautiful!! and you've captured som fabulous shots!! i went back and looked at all your old ones... wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen any butterflies yet, but I did see my first 2 robins on sunday...come on spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the great butterfly photos. For the past year or so, I have been enjoying them and using them as my desktop background. It perks up the day to look at them from time to time. I recently moved to Kansas City (from San Diego, where I had no yard) and am looking forward to planting some of my own butterfly-attracting flowers (purple cone flowers, milkweed, daisys, etc.). I hope I will be lucky enough to take some great photos too. But I will still look forward to reading your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Is this a current photo of a butterfly? It must be warming up around you - how lucky for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this butterfly's twin was over at my house this weekend. I have a picture on my blog too, and then I saw it's twin over here. This is the first time I've seen a butterfly like this around here. I wonder what it is?
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

December 2015 update: Hi! For some reason I can't figure out, Blogger hasn't been letting me leave comments on my own blog (!) for the last several months, so I've been unable to respond to your comments and questions. My apologies for any inconvenience! You're always welcome to email me: farmgirlfare AT gmail DOT com.

Hi! Thanks for visiting Farmgirl Fare and taking the time to write. While I'm not always able to reply to every comment, I receive and enjoy reading them all.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and I especially love hearing about your experiences with my recipes. Comments on older posts are always welcome!

Please note that I moderate comments, so if I'm away from the computer it may be a while before yours appears.

I try my best to answer all questions, though sometimes it takes me a few days. And sometimes, I'm sorry to say, they fall through the cracks, and for that I sincerely apologize.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope you enjoy your e-visits to our farm!