Saturday, November 28

Saturday Dose of Cute: The Bigger the Water Dish. . .


The Happier the Cat (or Dog)

This isn't really a giant water dish for cats, it's The Pool. Actually it's a 100-gallon Rubbermaid stock tank we stole from the animals, but when filled with cold underground spring water pumped up from our deep well, there's nothing more refreshing than plunking yourself into it at the end of a sweltering summer day.

It's the perfect size for two, and when accessorized with hanging citronella candles (oh, the mosquitos were bad this summer!), an icy bottle of homebrewed beer for him and a glass of chilled champagne for me, it's actually quite romantic—even with the dogs and cats circling around us.

Pool season ended months ago (and besides, we now have that luxurious whirlpool tub in which to soak our tired selves), but as you can see, I just haven't had the heart to drain it out.

Want to see more of Sarah Kit Kat Kate?
5/1/08: Welcome to the Farm, Sarah Kate
5/11/08: There's a New Supervisor in Town
5/26/08: Purr Where You're Planted
6/4/08: What Kit Kat Caught
8/24/08: You Can't Fence in a Farm Cat

© Copyright 2009 FarmgirlFare.com, the thirst quenching foodie farm blog where it doesn't seem possible (or right) that it's been 15 months since I've put up a picture of Kit Kat Kate, who I rescued from The Slammer two years ago next week (where does the time go?!). This sweet little five-pound feline is always doing something extra cute; apparently she's just not doing it in front of the camera.

8 comments:

  1. Leave it to a cat! They have a way of appropriating anything. That is a cute photo for sure. We used to have a black and white tuxedo tabby like this who lived to a ripe old age. This photo just warmed my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats do like to find some challenge even in getting a drink - are you living in the new place or just using the spa tub??? Inquiring minds want to know - the trough/tub does sound refreshing - amazing the big dogs don't jump in with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fact that your Rubbermaid stock tank is a romantic pool for you is just one of the reasons why I love you, Susan. And probably why Joe does, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Just wanted to say I recently stumbled upon your blog and love it! It brings a smile to my face everytime I see new pics you posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous tub, No, don't change it to update to NEW! This is much better! Spring water is awesome and CoLd! Take advantage and of Course the animals would love it too.

    My cats love the faucets so a drip fountain is in the Christmas Stockings, well?, maybe a tag to find it under the tree.

    Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used our Rubbermaid stock tank (looks like the same model) out in the back yard as a substitute bath tub when our only bathroom was being remodeled. Hooked a hose to the kitchen sink to get warm water. It was wonderful! The new bathroom is nice, but you can't see the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's such a tiny thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That just sounds so good. Soaking in a chilly tub of water with my man after a long hot day of yard work - us with our respective frosty beverages.

    And that's all wrong - it's November! I should be basking in the glow of a fireplace.

    I'm all mixed up.

    Happy though - this is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

December 2015 update: Hi! For some reason I can't figure out, Blogger hasn't been letting me leave comments on my own blog (!) for the last several months, so I've been unable to respond to your comments and questions. My apologies for any inconvenience! You're always welcome to email me: farmgirlfare AT gmail DOT com.

Hi! Thanks for visiting Farmgirl Fare and taking the time to write. While I'm not always able to reply to every comment, I receive and enjoy reading them all.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and I especially love hearing about your experiences with my recipes. Comments on older posts are always welcome!

Please note that I moderate comments, so if I'm away from the computer it may be a while before yours appears.

I try my best to answer all questions, though sometimes it takes me a few days. And sometimes, I'm sorry to say, they fall through the cracks, and for that I sincerely apologize.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope you enjoy your e-visits to our farm!