Wednesday, February 4

Wednesday Farm Photo: Still Snowed In


But Slowly Defrosting

A year of Farm Photos ago:
1/26/08: Donkey on Chicken Duty?
1/27/08:
Fence as Farm Art
1/29/08:
Farmyard Kitty
1/31/08:
Breakfast Blend
2/2/08: The Return of Chucky (Happy Groundhog Day!)
2/3/08:
Handyman Special

Two years ago:
1/25/07:
It's Just Not the Same Without Her
1/28/07:
At Least I Have Chickens to Cheer Me Up
1/31/07:
You Won't Be Seeing This in 2007
2/3/07:
Stock Dog Extraordinaire (and snowed in then, too!)

Three years ago:
1/25/06:
Dusk from a Different View
1/26/06:
Can't Look Over Something? Try To Look Through It
1/27/06:
Stumped for a Clever Caption
1/28/06:
And Posh About to Dig In
1/28/06:
Cat Blogging—Molly Doodlebug (aka The Doodle Monster)
1/29/06: The Latest Addition to My Bird Nest Collection
1/29/06:
Robin Knows Every Warm Spot on the Farm
1/30/06:
So Do You Think Martha is Pregnant? (yes, she certainly was!)
1/31/06:
Being Adorable is Thirsty Work
2/1/06:
Reflecting
2/2/06:
New Purpose—Visual Pleasure
2/3/06:
New Digs

And out of the kitchen came:
Savory Feta Cheese and Scallion Scones

© Copyright 2009 FarmgirlFare.com, the frozen foodie farm blog where every year we dream of all the extra time we'll have in winter to do things like plow through the tempting, two-foot-high stacks of books and magazines teetering everywhere, but then the snow and ice arrive and reality sets in—I actually spend more time outside in weather like this because it takes several extra hours each day just to take care of the basic farm chores. So the tempting piles inside simply continue to pile up even higher instead! (I do lead a very cluttered existence.)

3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! Personally, I think magazines breed while your not home - those piles of magazines & books just get bigger and bigger no matter what I do - so it's the only explanation I can come up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we bought a bed and breakfast inn - I had images of quilting lovely coverlets for every bed and doing special teas for the ladies in town - instead of plungering out the toilets which were perennially plugged, trying to go 10 beds worth of laundry/sheets and catching a few minutes extra sleep occasionally. I still think you have the wiser situation - obviously since I refer to the B&B in a past tense! Beautiful picture Susan - we are warming up here in Texas - in fact discussing what kind of kitchen vegetable growing containers to try since the galvanized ones I like have gone sky high in price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pic looks almost like a fossil, trapped in the ice. I agree, magazines and books just seem to multiply in secret - I have huge piles in my bedroom, living room... and they just keep growing!

    ReplyDelete

December 2015 update: Hi! For some reason I can't figure out, Blogger hasn't been letting me leave comments on my own blog (!) for the last several months, so I've been unable to respond to your comments and questions. My apologies for any inconvenience! You're always welcome to email me: farmgirlfare AT gmail DOT com.

Hi! Thanks for visiting Farmgirl Fare and taking the time to write. While I'm not always able to reply to every comment, I receive and enjoy reading them all.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and I especially love hearing about your experiences with my recipes. Comments on older posts are always welcome!

Please note that I moderate comments, so if I'm away from the computer it may be a while before yours appears.

I try my best to answer all questions, though sometimes it takes me a few days. And sometimes, I'm sorry to say, they fall through the cracks, and for that I sincerely apologize.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope you enjoy your e-visits to our farm!