Tuesday, April 25

Daily Farm Photo: 4/25/06


Sheep Freedom Day 3: Slight Overindulgence

Lamb Report: This whole coyote-deterrent-radio-blasting-in-the-barn thing can actually be rather amusing. Last night, after I sucessfully locked all the reluctant sheep up for the night, I turned around and found Martha and her twins calmly ambling down the driveway toward me. Bum-mer. This meant I would have to re-open the gate, thus giving the prisoners a chance to escape. So what happened? Bear herded Martha & Co. the wrong way and they fled, one devious little sheep sneaked out and made a run for it, somebody started yelling (who--me?), and a time out was declared. So I go back down later, somehow get everybody (for real this time) locked up, and as I slam the latch into the gate, The Clash starts blasting from the radio: You've just got to let me know—should I stay or should I go? Stay! You can't make this stuff up. Current Lamb Count: 18.

Answers to all your Monday Munching Mowing Machine questions are up! Click here.

6 comments:

  1. Awe how cute.. holding the gate for you and dozing too! Now that's effiecent! LOL

    Hope your day is going well Farmgirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Clash!! How appropriate! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely fluffed out! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed out loud about the song on the radio! You really can't make that stuff up can you! As Barbara said, too funny! Thanks again for the lambie pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny! Love the pic!

    ReplyDelete

December 2015 update: Hi! For some reason I can't figure out, Blogger hasn't been letting me leave comments on my own blog (!) for the last several months, so I've been unable to respond to your comments and questions. My apologies for any inconvenience! You're always welcome to email me: farmgirlfare AT gmail DOT com.

Hi! Thanks for visiting Farmgirl Fare and taking the time to write. While I'm not always able to reply to every comment, I receive and enjoy reading them all.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and I especially love hearing about your experiences with my recipes. Comments on older posts are always welcome!

Please note that I moderate comments, so if I'm away from the computer it may be a while before yours appears.

I try my best to answer all questions, though sometimes it takes me a few days. And sometimes, I'm sorry to say, they fall through the cracks, and for that I sincerely apologize.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope you enjoy your e-visits to our farm!